Recommended Article #20June21
Hi, Pet Parents Resources is a platform, where we share with you, what we research as pet parents ourselves. Here, we curate and give, what we hope would be, interesting to important informative articles, videos and even podcasts from our brand creators, experts, researchers, and more all over the world, to aid you in making better choices for your pets.
This recommended article "Cool Down Your Dog in 3 Minutes with These Easy Tips!" is curated and sourced from Canine Care. If you loved this article, please do feel free to share it around.
COOL DOWN YOUR DOG IN 3 MINUTES WITH THESE EASY STEPS!
Symptoms of Heatstroke
- excessive panting
- dry and pale gums
- increased salivation
- rapid, erratic pulse
- possible rectal bleeding
Quick Fix Cool Tips:
- Get OUT of the HEAT and IN to an area with plenty of SHADE
- Apply cool (not ice cold) water to your dog's paw pads, inner thighs and stomach. DO NOT SUBMERGE the dog in water. Instead, use running water. Submerging your dog could bring the temperature down too quickly, leading to the possibility of a cardiac arrest and bloat.
- Do not cover the dog with a wet towel or blanket. Air flow is necessary to help evaporate the water placed on the dog to help it cool down. If possible, sit with your dog in an air conditioned room or space.
- Keep your dog moving.
- Hydrate your dog by letting it drink water in small amounts. Do not let your dog gulp water down as this could lead to vomiting and bloat.
- Get your dog to the veterinarian as soon as possible to check out for any damage to the kidneys and liver.
- NEVER leave your dog in the car. Cars will get very hot very fast even in the shade. Leaving your furkid in a hot car is essentially like throwing it into a giant oven.
- Consider purchasing dog boots for those scalding pavements. Do remember that dogs do perspire through their paw pads, so dog boots can get pretty swampy. Neoprene boots breathe, and may possibly be more comfortable in the heat over the rubber soled ones, though they are not as durable.
- PLENTY of FRESH WATER and SHADE.
- Consider purchasing a cooling vest and/or mat for your dog.
- Soak a bandana in water and freeze it. When out for walks, put the bandana on your dog to help it stay cool.
- Apply cool water to your dog's chest, belly, throat, and head during walks to help bring his temperature down.
- Make popsicles using broth and treats in silicon molds.
- Consider purchasing a small kiddie pool for your dog to play in. Encourage your shy furkid to use the pool by tossing balls and toys into the pool to play with.
Dog Trainer, Former Real Member Service Specialist
Other Sources from the author includes;
You may find more interesting reads from JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet! Look out for loads of information on our product pages, social media, especially our Pet Parent Resources page.
JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet, a Singapore online pet store that focuses on the holistic well-being of your beloved furkid. Our recommended products aim to support and improve health, emotional and physical well-being, and help your pet have a better quality of life without compromise. Look out for Essential, Trendy and Premium quality pet products that are specially curated, with the pet parents concerns' as a priority.
This blog first appeared on the Canine Care website, where this article "Cool Down Your Dog in 3 Minutes with These Easy Tips!" was curated and sourced from.
Original source: https://canine.care/activities/cool-down-your-dog-in-3-minutes-with-these-tips by author Malory Knezha, Dog Trainer, Former Real Member Service Specialist.
Thank you for reading! We hope to bring you more informative and exciting articles from other resources and our varying retail brands. Through them, we hope more and more pet parents could become their pet's wellness heroes, proactively taking control of their pets’ foundational health from within, with JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet - www.jjehomez.com.sg 😊
JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet has curated and reproduced this article in good faith, which may contain an element of consumer opinion, but cannot be held responsible for any information inaccuracies in it or any use assumed from this information by the reader. JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet welcomes positive recommendations for holistic healthcare products, but does not necessarily endorse the author’s opinion. We acknowledge each animal is an individual and may react differently to the highlighted product/s, and that there may also be other similar effective products available.
General recommendations made by JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet are solely for informational and educational purposes, and are not a substitute for the appropriate veterinary care. It is important to always consult professional help if you have concerns about your furkid’s health.