Adored Beast FAQ
Have a question? Think of us as your go-to resource on everything that will help you keep your pet as healthy as possible. With over 25 years in the pet health industry, we have developed an intensive collection of information! We want to empower you with the knowledge you need to succeed as a pet parent.
This page features some of the most commonly asked questions we have received over the years. If there is a question you have that isn’t addressed here, please reach out to us via the contact page and we’ll do our best to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information we can.
Once I Start Using Supplements Do I Have To Do It Forever?
NO! I have always felt the best way to supplement is to do something call rotation which simply means rotating a well balanced regime to
- Protect And Feed The Gut
- Support The Portal System ( Liver Kidneys Pancreas And Gall Bladder )
- Immune Function
- Joints And Muscles
- Digest Food
Through the use of rotation, the body does not become complacent. Pulsing or rotating gives the body the reminder and support to heal and stay healthy but you are not continuing to try and do its job for it. Saying that, animals with very compromised issues or animals that have to stay on drugs (like seizure medication, NSAD’s or steroids) will need constant support.
Now there is a distinct difference between food / nutrition and supplements. For example Phytosynergy in my opinion I would consider nutrition and it is a main stay in my furry family and myself. Beneficial bacteria is also something that I consider to be helpful long term as your dogs food and our food is so depleted in natural friendly bacteria. This means giving a pre and probiotic long term is very helpful.
Since It Is A Higher Price Point Than Other Similar Products What Makes Adored Beast Line Better?
There are many reasons for this and many ways to look at this.
- There Are 0 Fillers!! Everything In Every Adored Beast Product Is A Pure, 100% Active Ingredient!! We Are So Proud To Be In The Minority Of Companies That Do Not Believe That To Just Look Bigger Is Better.
- Our Next Answer Is Another Part Of Adored Beast That We Are So Proud Of And That Is The “ Grade” Of Our Products. Some People Believe There Is “Animal Grade” = Not Fit For Human Consumption Or “ Human Grade”… Well, I Found Out All Too Quickly That It Is Just Not That Simple. How I Look At It, There Are Two Other Grades …One I Like To Call “Health Food Store Grade” = A Better Quality Than Those That Super Markets Or Drug Stores Carry (This Is Because People That Own Health Food Stores Are Usually Educated And Their Passion Resides In Health So They Demand A Higher Quality One Of Which Is Usually Not Synthetic) BUT Many Many Many Supplements That Are Human Grade Are In Fact Synthetic Which Is Known To Cause More Damage Than Not Giving A Vitamin Or Mineral At All. Then There Is Another Way Of Manufacturing Formulas Or Compounding Formulas And That Is Called “Professional Grade”. Most Companies That Do Professional Compounding Are Much Smaller Than The Huge Brand Name Manufacturers. A Professional Manufacturer Compounder Makes / Mixes / Compounds Formulas For Doctors, Veterinarians, Naturopaths, Herbalists, Homeopaths, Chiropractors, TCDr…..Because They Only Supply Professionals The Ability To Work One On One And See With Your Own Eyes The Certificate Of Analysis Including The Country Of Origin. This Is Light Years Ahead Of Just Going To A Huge Company And Having Them Make Your Formulas. All Adored Beast Products Are Produced By Manufacturers That Deal With Professionals As Described Above.
- Because Many Of The Products Have A VERY Wide Array Of Ingredients That Addresses The Body In A Synergistic Way To Support Healing And Health, They Are More Expensive Than A Less Complicated Formula. As An Example: Healthy Gut Digestive Enzyme Has ALL The Digestive Components. It Has Enzymes Made From Animal Source And Plant Source And Contains A Pre And Probiotic Which Means That You Are Getting 3 Products In One! There Are A Few Reasons We Did This.
- to save you not only money but time
- to save the difficulty of putting so many things in your animal's food
- we believe that their food is such an important and fun part of their day and it should not taste like supplements and take that enjoyment away!
I Thought Homeopathic Remedies Were Not To Be Given In Food, Why Does It Say To Do That With Gut Seal?
Many Homeopaths believe that and so did I until two things happened to me.
- I Went And Trained In India And Saw How People Were Taking Remedies Drinking Coffee Right After Eating Spicy Foods …And The Effectiveness Of The Remedies Were Never Compromised.
- I Started Doing Work With A Trap And Release Cat Rescue And Treated Many Many Cats That You Could Not Get Near By Putting It In Food And Again The Effectiveness Was Not At All Compromised
- I Worked With Large Animals And It Was Sprayed On Food, Added To Water Troughs Put In Apples Or Carrots And Once Again The Effectiveness Was Just As Good.
The next important note is that one of Adored Beasts strongest mottos is “ Above All Do No Harm” we look at this on every single level, mental, physical and emotional. The stress of having to hold your animal and spray a remedy int their mouth everyday for days on end is simply an unnecessary step when you can just as easily put it in food.
Why Do Your Products Say “Proprietary Blend”, What Does That Mean?
That is a VERY good question and can mean many things with many companies. With Adored Beast we are proud of our transparency! We use the term proprietary blend because it has been Julie Anne Lee DCH own formula that she created researched and worked with at her Veterinary clinic. They are not formulas taken from other companies or created by someone else they are her’s - tried and true! This is where Adored Beasts proprietary blends come from and we say this to give you the utmost confident to know how they have come to be. Some companies use this term to hide ingredients like fillers or synthetics…you will see thats not the case on our labels.
Do You Source Any Ingredients From China?
Again we pride ourselves in our transparency, yes we do. This is because China now owns the majority of natural health ingredients. When the surge of awareness became apparent in the financial world that natural supplement were the next enormous trade, China is always at the forefront and basically purchased most of our herbal farms and manufactures. They now literally are grown in the US sent to China then sent back JUST like our salmon!!! When something says made in the US or Canada is does NOT mean sourced there or even manufactured there! There are so many loop holes in the term “made” which includes coming from here going there then packaged here…….this is why I was so meticulous in finding the right company - one that I could ask ever single detail of every single product to the actual person doing the purchasing of the ingredients. Because of the HUGE push back in the market from China they have now worked with Europe to implement really strict standards some of which are much higher than the US and Canada.
Are Your Products Human Grade?
This is a part of Adored Beast that we are so proud of and that is the “ Grade” of our products. Some people believe there is “animal grade” = not fit for human consumption or “ human grade”… well, I found out all too quickly that it is just not that simple. How I look at it, there are two other grades …one I like to call “health food store grade” = a better quality than those that super markets or drug stores carry (this is because people that own health food stores are usually educated and their passion resides in health so they demand a higher quality one of which is usually not synthetic) BUT many many many supplements that are human grade are in fact synthetic which is known to cause more damage than not giving a vitamin or mineral at all. Then there is another way of manufacturing formulas or compounding formulas and that is called “professional grade”. Most companies that do professional compounding are much smaller than the huge brand name manufacturers. A professional manufacturer compounder makes / mixes / compounds formulas for Doctors, Veterinarians, Naturopaths, Herbalists, Homeopaths, Chiropractors, TCDr…..because they only supply professionals the ability to work one on one and see with your own eyes the certificate of analysis including the country of origin. This is light years ahead of just going to a huge company and having them make your formulas. All Adored Beast products are produced by manufacturers that deal with professionals as described above.
What Are The Species And Strains That Can Be Found In Your Probiotics?
SPECIES - STRAIN
- Streptococcus Thermophilus - MAK34S24T
- Biﬁdobacterium Infantis -MAK22B041
- Biﬁdobacterium Longum - MAK34B12L
- Biﬁdobacterium Biﬁdum - MAK53B66B
- Biﬁdobacterium Breve - MAK40B22B
- Lactobacillus Lactis - MAK16B42L
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus - MAK79L08R
- Lactobacillus Plantrum - MAK45L23P
- Lactobacillus Paracasei - MAK92L81P
- Lactobacillus Helveticus - MAK18L62H
- Lactobacillus Salivarius - MAK90L10S
- Lactobacillus Bulgaricus - MAK55L88B
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus - MAK32L61A
- Lactobacillus Casei - MAK20L30C
Fido's Flora, Along with the 14 strains listed above Fido's Flora includes these two additional canine-specific strains.
SPECIES - STRAIN
- Lactobacillus Casei - K9-1
- Lactobacillus Fermentum - K9-2
My dog has arthritis, but I don’t want to give anti-inflammatory drugs forever. Help!
Your vet may prescribe NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) to relieve your dog’s pain, but we believe there are several all-natural options that are much safer, and just as effective. Here are a few of ours.
Does my dog need probiotics AND prebiotics? Can I do one or the other?
Yes, you should give both. Think of the gut as a garden. Probiotics are the flowers that grow, making it a friendly and healthy environment. Prebiotics are the fertilizer that help the friendly flowers to thrive, they feed the probiotics. They need each other.
Can I give my dog Advil for pain?
No. Drugs like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen) can be toxic and fatal to dogs. It should never be considered a pain relief option for your pup. If your dog accidentally ingests these drugs, seek veterinary advice immediately.
How do I know if my dog has yeast build up?
Symptoms of a yeast infection may include itching, skin irritation, and inflammation, especially around the ears, paw pads, nasal folds, anal area, armpits, and neck. You may notice an unusual “frito-feet” smell and/or brownish staining and/or sticky discharge in these areas as well.
How do I know if my dog has a leaky gut?
There are many symptoms of leaky gut: digestive issues, chronic vomiting and/or diarrhea, skin issues, and frequent infections. Leaky gut can contribute to many unseen symptoms as well; it is often at the root of the most common health conditions.
My cat vomits every day. Is this "normal"?
Some people think it’s ok for a cat to vomit every few days, but it’s not. Vomiting is not normal in cats. Things like rare vomiting or the occasional hairball may not be a major concern, but if it’s a daily occurrence there may be an underlying issue.
Can my cat use Anti-Vaccinosis?
Yes! Anti-Vaccinosis isn’t just for dogs. Cats get just as many vaccines and often suffer just as many adverse reactions. The ingredients in Anti-Vaccinosis can help to rebalance your cat post-vaccinations just as well as it would your dog (or horse!).
Can I give my cat Tylenol?
No. Drugs like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen) can be toxic and fatal to cats and should never be considered a pain relief option. If your cat accidentally ingests these drugs, seek veterinary advice immediately.
What can I do for hairballs?
Digestive enzymes, such as our our Healthy Gut probiotic blend, along with a nutritional oil, such as hemp, can help hair pass more smoothly through the digestive system. By adding some to food daily, along with a regular grooming routine, you can help significantly decrease the amount of hair your cat may ingest.