GPH formulation of high potency digestive enzymes! Paw-Gest Digestive Enzymes for Dogs & Cats is specially formulated to address the specific needs of our furry friends. Enzymes aid in digestion, assimilation, and absorption, while unlocking potential energy from food by properly putting them into a form easily recognizable by the body. This typically reduces digestive distress symptoms such as diarrhea, gas, vomiting, & hairballs as well as discouraging the over-growth of intestinal yeast infections in dogs and cats.
Digestive enzymes are beneficial when feeding kibble or foods with starchy root vegetables due to the absence of the digestive enzyme amylase in the carnivore diet. Amylase is needed to break down starches, particularly beneficial for dogs and cats on a kibble diet. The lack of Amylase can set the stage for yeast overgrowth in the intestinal system causing chronic ear and skin issues.
Paw-Gest is designed to retain its potency for up to 2 years when the jar is kept tightly closed and stored in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Amylase is a key factor in proper digestion, a supplement is only as good as the body's ability to assimilate it.
- The absence of these enzymes in the carnivore diet, which is needed to break down starches, sets the stage for yeast overgrowth in the intestinal system causing chronic ear and skin issues.
- Essential when feeding kibb;es or any foods with starchy root vegetables.
- Unlocks the potential energy from the food we give by properly putting them into a form easily recognizable by the body.
Paw-Gest contains a proprietary blend of the following in a base of organic maltodextrin*:
- Acid Protease
*Organic maltodextrin is a polysaccharide that is used as a food ingredient. It is produced from vegetable starch, in our case it is being extracted from corn (found naturally in the mucous membranes of digestive, urinary and respiratory tracts). Note that It is not the same as feeding corn to a animal that is sensitive to corn.
- helps support production of glycoproteins
- supports structural integrity of respiratory tract, digestive tract and urinary tract
- protects against invading organisms
- easily digestible, allows to fully and quickly disperse nutrients, and therefore promotes maximum absorption in the gut
Acid Protease is a water-soluble product capable of breaking down peptide bonds in proteins. It degrades protein and improves protein’s dispersibility, solubility, palatability and digestibility.
Alpha-Galactosidase has the functions as non-starch polysaccharide enzyme in degrading NSP, decreasing intestinal viscosity thus increasing the hydrolysis of nutrients to promote their digestion and absorption nutrients, resent research show that Alpha Galactosidase is a kind of multifunctional growth promoter because it can improve the secretion of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), promote the synthesis of protein and increase the lean meat percentage.
Amylase break down starches into smaller carbohydrate molecules in the food that your dog eats. Compared to people, dogs are not nearly as skilled at breaking down carbohydrates, because their bodies produce only small amounts of amylase. This is super beneficial for pet owners who feeds dry food.
Dogs don’t have natural cellulase. But many of them need it… especially if they eat kibble. Cellulase helps your dog break down fiber. Most kibbles contain fibrous fillers like cellulose (which is basically sawdust). So a digestive enzyme containing cellulase is a must to ease your dog’s digestion. It’ll also help your dog digest grains and other plant material in his food.
Cellulase can also help dogs with yeast. Microorganisms like bacteria and fungi create a protective layer called biofilm. Biofilm can be a good thing. But it can also help yeast hide from yeast treatments as well as your dog’s immune system. Yeast cell walls are made of cellulose. So cellulase can help break down the cellulose and remove the yeast’s defenses.
Cellulase has another benefit: it helps control blood sugar levels.
Your total carb-dissolving enzyme. Glucoamylase is an enzyme that digests partially processed starch (carbohydrates) in order to release glucose that the body can use for energy. Amylase breaks down starch into glucose, whereas glucoamylase dissolves the bonds at the end of carbohydrate chains to release glucose that is already present. When certain enzymes, such as glucoamylase, are absent in the intestinal tract, partially digested starch clumps together, slowing the digestive process and causing constipation, abdominal heaviness, bloating, or even diarrhea when it begins to accumulate.
Glucoamylase supplementation demonstrated a positive influence on intestinal health, including the diversity of beneficial microorganisms in the gut microbiome, as well as enhanced starch digestibility in comparison to the other enzymes.
Glucoamylase is often combined with other enzymes, such as amylase, or cellulase for optimal health benefits. When these enzymes are taken together, they not only target digestive issues, but also help to improve autoimmune responses to certain foods, such as improving the body’s reaction to food sensitivities.
Your Candida-combating enzyme. Hemicellulase is an enzyme that breaks down a specific form of cellulose called hemicellulose, which is a major component of plant cell walls. There are many different types of hemicellulases, which work to break down a variety of hemicelluloses. This provides umpteen benefits when it comes to optimal digestion, including fiber-rich plant foods like grains, fruits, vegetables, and cereals.
This enzyme also supports an aging digestive system by supplementing the body’s natural digestive enzymes at a time when there may be an insufficient supply. Finally, hemicellulase has a profound ability to target Candida, breaking down its cell walls and slimy antimicrobial-resistant layer called biofilm. This supports a healthy immune system by reducing the likelihood of prolonged inflammation caused by the body’s reaction to yeast overgrowth.
Invertase is an enzyme found in yeast and pollen. It’s important for digestive health. It separates sugar into glucose and fructose, which helps with digestion of starchy carbohydrates. This moves sugars out of the digestive tract before they can ferment and cause problems. Invertase also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties and can boost immunity too. It’s said to slow the aging process and even cause physical rejuvenation.
Dogs Can Suffer from Lactose Intolerance. Without lactase, a dog simply cannot digest dairy products. And acute intestinal symptoms nearly always arise.
In order for a dog to digest milk, the lactose must first be broken apart into its two basic, easy-to-absorb sugars. And to do that, a dog’s body must be able to produce a special lactose-splitting enzyme known as lactase, something most dogs can’t reliably do.
Lipase is an amazing supplement if you want to be proactive with your pet’s digestive system. Even raw diets, which try to mimic how cats and dogs eat “in the wild,” don’t include fur (fiber), guts and glands. Your dog and cat’s pancreas produces protease, amylase, and lipase, but not always enough to completely digest his food.
Lipase is an enzyme breaking down and digest fats during digestion into fatty acids and glycerol. Gastric lipase, made in the stomach, digests fat in food. The pancreas makes the majority of the enzyme in the small intestine. Bile from the liver releases into the intestine, turning fat into globules. The globules are converted into fatty acid and glycerol – small, energy-dense molecules – by pancreatic lipase, also called steapsin.
The bloodstream absorbs fatty acids and glycerol and brings them to the lymph vessels to reach all parts of the body.
Maltase is secreted by the small intestine and is responsible for breaking down maltose (malt sugar) into glucose (simple sugar) that the body uses for energy.
During digestion, starch is partially transformed into maltose by amylases. The maltase then converts maltose into glucose that is either used immediately by the body or stored in the liver as glycogen for future use.
Protease is an enzyme helps break down proteins into amino acids for digestion. Bodies absorb amino acids and reassemble them to create proteins. Proteins are the major building blocks of bodies for the structure of muscles, skin, bones, hormones, cell signaling molecules, and immune response molecules.
Pets consume protein from meats and legumes. Protease enzymes are produced by the stomach and pancreas. When the bloodstream absorbs protease, it can hydrolyze dietary proteins and polypeptides. When proteins and polypeptides leak into the bloodstream as food antigens, disturbances may occur in the body.
This enzyme eases the digestive process. Enzymes provide more benefits than improving digestion. They also: Regulate hormones, Boost immune function, Reduce inflammation.
Product Usage Directions
If you feed kibble, moisten it with a bit of water or broth, add the powdered enzymes, and stir, DO NOT FEED DRY.
If you feed raw or canned, just add the powder to wet food and stir.
If the dog or cat is finicky or has a sensitive digestive system, start out with ¼ to ½ of the directed amount for a few days, gradually increasing to the full amount as the pet accepts the taste and until you are certain your pet is able to tolerate the formula well.
Suggested Dosage with each meal :
- Cats or Small Dogs over 2 pounds = 1/16 teaspoon
- Dogs up to 20 pounds = 1/8 teaspoon
- Dogs 20 to 50 pounds = 1/4 teaspoon
- Dogs over 50 pounds = 1/2 teaspoon
- Large dogs over 75 pounds = 3/4 teaspoon
- STORE IN A COOL, DARK PLACE
- THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO CURE OR TREAT MAJOR DISEASES, ILLNESSES, OR INJURIES.
- PLEASE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
Singapore Orders (Non-frozen items 2 working days delivery via J&T Express Mon-Sat)
- Non-frozen items could enjoy FREE delivery with orders $38 and above.
- Non-frozen items will be delivered via J&T Express within 2 working days.
Singapore Orders (Frozen items scheduled delivery via Lalamove Sat-Sun)
- This delivery option is not limited to just frozen items, however, if there are frozen items in the same order, it will be processed based on frozen item delivery.
- Frozen items could enjoy FREE scheduled delivery (Sat-Sun) with orders $100 and above.
- Orders cut-off time applicable for FREE scheduled delivery (Sat-Sun) is 6pm previous day.
- Orders made by Fri 6pm will be delivered on Sat-Sun at your selected date and time slots.
- Orders made by Sat 6pm will be delivered on Sun at your selected time slots.
- Frozen items will be delivered via Lalamove at a schedule day and time slots. Scheduled days are Sat and Sun between 9-1pm, 1-5pm or 5-9pm time slots.
- The 9-1pm, 1-5pm or 5-9pm time frame means the delivery will happen anytime between 9-1pm, 1-5pm or 5-9pm as per your selection upon checkout.
- We highly recommend that you choose a date and time slot whereby you can be present to receive the parcel within this time frame.
- Should you have difficulties being present, we can arrange for the driver to hang at your gate, however, our cooler packaging can only allow you to collect the package and store in the freezer latest by 2pm, 6pm or 10pm respectively.
- Please note for frozen item delivery, our delivery vendor will attempt to reach you at the contact number that you've submitted. If no one is present, uncontactable and no other arrangements has been made prior, your package WILL BE RETURNED and an additional $20 will be charged for the re-arrangement of 2nd delivery. If other arrangements are preferred, please inform us before your package is dispatched.
Singapore Orders (Frozen items next-day delivery via Grab Express Mon-Fri)
- Frozen items could enjoy NEXT-DAY FREE delivery (Mon-Fri) with orders $134 and above.
- Orders cut-off time applicable for NEXT-DAY FREE delivery (Mon-Fri) is 6PM previous day.
- Orders made by Sun 6pm will be delivered at your selected date Mon-Fri 4pm-8pm.
- Orders made by Thurs 6pm will be delivered on Fri 4pm-8pm.
- Frozen items will be delivered via Grab Express the same day anytime between 4pm-8pm, or you may choose another delivery date between Mon to Fri 4pm-8pm time frame.
- The 4-8pm time frame means the delivery will happen anytime between 4-8pm.
- We highly recommend that you choose a date whereby you can be present to receive the parcel within this time frame.
- Should you have difficulties being present, we can arrange for the driver to hang at your gate, however, our cooler packaging can only allow you to collect the package and store in the freezer latest by 9pm.
Singapore Orders (All items via Self Collection)
- Yes, you may also option for Self Collection.
- Self collection is applicable for all items.
- Self collection are strictly appointment based only, please call or whatsapp us at +6581176177 to arrange.
- Self collection address is at 216A Boon Lay Ave, S(641216).
Malaysia Orders (Non-frozen items via FedEx)
- Non-frozen items to Malaysia could enjoy FREE delivery with orders $188 and above.
- Non-frozen items to Malaysia will be delivered via FedEx within 3 working days.
- Do note that we are not responsible for any import taxes/duties and other charges, delays, and losses once the package is with our courier partner. Please check with your local authorities for more information on taxes and prohibited/restricted items.
Other International Orders (Non-frozen items via various couriers)
- Non-frozen items to Worldwide will be delivered via various couriers within 15 working days.
- To know the exact delivery duration, kindly email us your address with postal code and we will get back to you soonest possible.
Please note the following terms on all our Pre-order items :
- Full payment is required for all Pre-order items.
- Expect Pre-order items to be delivered between within 15 working days from your order date.
- We will connect via WhatsApp or Email should there be any updates or concerns regarding your pre-order items.
Generally, all our products are strictly non-refundable nor exchangeable.
However, in the event you received an incorrect or defective item, or any other valid reason that you can't enjoy your purchase, we will provide a refund or an exchange, case by case basis.
All we ask is that when the item is returned, it should meet the following requirements:
- Reach out to us to arrange an appointment to drop off your item at 216A Boon Lay Ave.
- Item returned should be in their original & sealed packaging. Broken seals will not be accepted, unless there's a valid reason, based on case by case basis.
- Please ensure at least 6 months of shelf life if it's a perishable item.
- Send us your order confirmation email for refund verification.
Items not eligible for returns:
- Food related, wearables, beds and carriers due to food safety & hygiene reasons.
- Items that are purchased from promotional pricing from all of our sales channels.
- Customers who had a history of returning more than 3 items.
When we receive the refunded/exchange item, we will review the condition of the item, and reach out to you to confirm and issue a refund/exchange within 7 working days. We regret that customers who decline to respect our policy will be ineligible for exchange, returns and refunds.
Do also note that if we find that a product has been intentionally damaged or tampered with, refunds will not be offered.
As generally, returns are not allowed otherwise, please check your order (e.g. type, size, colour, quantity, etc) before checking out. If you need help with any product, chat with us or please send us an email to email@example.com